If you find yourself requiring a fence after a hurricane, make sure you don't fall victim to the scams. The market will be flooded with fly by night companies and individuals looking to make a quick buck. Do your home work. Below is a check list which will assist you in making a well-informed decision.
- Never call a fence company that placed a door hanger on your door unless they have a website.
- Call three fence companies and request an in person estimate. Phone quotes will only set you up for failure.
- When selecting the final bid, do your homework and check that company out. Below are few resources:
- See if company has any complaint listed with the BBB
- Join Angieslist.com and read the companies reviews. Try to avoided pay by click websites which claim to be a home advisor who sells your lead to as many fence companies as possible.
- Verify that company is registered and licensed to do business in the State of Florida. VisitSunbiz.org and do a corporate Search.
- Never give a fence company a material deposit in the form of cash or check. Always, use a credit card.
- Do your research on the building method and materials being used. There is a great resource guide at Paramount Fencing's Buyer's Guide