When Considering a Custom Fence For Your Orlando Home.
It is very easy to drive through Orlando’s and see a fence that makes you say, ” Wow, that’s really a cool looking custom fence.” Next thing you know, you find yourselves standing in your backyard, ideas flying, images being burnt in our minds at 32 frames per second. By Monday– you can’t take it anymore. Estimates are scheduled, five for good measure, but by the end, two things are certain: Frustration and sticker shock.
Below are six simple thing things every homeowner should consider before considering if a custom fence is right for your Orlando and Central Florida Home.
- What are Your Plans For You Home?
- If you going to sell your home in the next five years, it’s probably not wise to invest in a whole lot of money into your wood fence. As always, there are a few ways to customize those areas which will promote curb appeal.
- What Is Your Budget
- Understand, the word customization means an increase in the cost to complete your fence. A simple rule to follow when budgeting for a custom fence is never spending more than 4% of the actual value of your home. At best, depending on the neighborhood, the most you will see from an aesthetic bump when selling your home is 5%.
- What Level of Customization Do You Desire?
- If you want something that looks like it belongs in a magazine, you need a company that specializes in the customization of fences, not installation. A company that views a fence as an art form and not a barrier. A fence company that understands the do’s and don’t of all building methods. Depending on the level of customization desired, you’re probably not going to find that level of customization at the Outlet or Discount Fence Company. If looking for a something simple like arching the wood panels or gate, maybe so…
- What Design Should I Use?
- This is complicated. All designs should be a balance between the architecture of the home and the landscaping planned. It should not dominate. It should function as a canvas from which all is created. Bottom line, know your home.
- What Materials Will Be Use?
- There are a lot of variables. There is not a blanket answer. It will depend on the architectural elements of your home, landscaping, and geographical region.
- What Company Should You Choose?
- Research the company. If you truly want custom, make sure the company has a body of work. Make sure they display a clear understanding of the materials. Ask your self, “Is that fence company educating you or selling you something”.